Documenting surprising sightings, fascinating findings, & exciting encounters, with birds, wildlife, & other nature,
around Hemel Hempstead...

Explore & find out more about wildlife in this West Hertfordshire town. To return to the full homepage just click the banner above...

Thursday, 29 September 2011

1st SISKIN of Winter at Corner Hall Offices

[28°C & clear blue sky]

Today whilst working at my office in Corner Hall...

Some GREENFINCHES were about in the morning.
2 ROBINS were having a sing-off.
A BLUE TIT flew past my window.
At 9.55am a SKYLARK flew over E.
At 10.00am a CHIFFCHAFF flew past my window.
Another 8+ SKYLARKS flew over E at 10.00am on migration.
2+ PIED WAGTAILS were being noisy on the office roof tops.
At 10.30 a SISKIN flew over calling - my first of the winter.
Some GOLDFINCHES were jangling about
6 CANADA GEESE were on the canal at B&Q.
One of the inch-long WASPS, that I've noticed over the last week or so, was again inspecting the eaves - I guess these are mated Females already looking for suitable places to hibernate for the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment for VELORAPTOR which will be viewable on this blog...