Documenting surprising sightings, fascinating findings, & exciting encounters, with birds, wildlife, & other nature,
around Hemel Hempstead...

Explore & find out more about wildlife in this West Hertfordshire town. To return to the full homepage just click the banner above...

NEW SOCIAL MEDIA, & BLOG COMING SOON


Regular visitors will have noticed a decrease in posts to the HEMEL NATURE
blog - this is because I have been living & working out of the area, & due to the job my time out
& about with nature in Hemel is limited. I am working on a new blog to come soon & hope that the work that has gone into HEMEL NATURE will prove useful & interesting to those still visiting it.


In the mean time you can follow me at my new accounts on the following social media platforms...

Instagram @DanFWildlife > https://www.Instagram.com/DanFWildlife

Twitter @DanFWildlife > https://Twitter.com/DanFWildlife

Facebook I am still building on but you can still follow me none-the-less
by 'Likeing' the @DanFWildlife Page > https://www.Facebook.com/DanFWildlife

Many thanks for your support,

Dan.

Monday 17 February 2014

Male REEVES' PHEASANT in field margin near water tower at Gaddesden Row today, reported by Alan King.


Male REEVES' PHEASANT in field margin near water tower at Gaddesden Row today, reported by Alan King - only a couple of weeks since a Male GOLDEN PHEASANT was seen at Piccotts End - it seems a number of ornamental birds may have escaped from a private collection locally so look out for other exotics in fields, woods & gardens N of the town.

Details on GOLDEN PHEASANT > HERE <.



4 comments:

  1. Wow, I saw a male Reeves's pheasant in Gaddesden Row on Saturday 8th March. I emailed the RSPB to inform them but haven't had a reply yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, thank you for your comment. That's great & thank you for letting me know, it's good to get a re-sighting. Where abouts was it this time?

      If you see any interesting birds such as this you can report it to the Herts Bird Club & they will greatly appreciate the very valuable records. The records also get seen & used by the other important bodies such as the BTO & RSPB. Their website is http://www.hnhs.org/birds & the sightings submission page is at http://www.hnhs.org/birds/recordssubmission.php

      You are always welcome to leave comments here or contact me too, especially if it is regarding birds or nature around the Hemel Hempstead area, I would really appreciate that.

      Thanks again, Dan.

      Delete
    2. Hi Dan,

      It was along the Gaddesden Row road (coming away from Clements End). It emerged from fields on the right hand side, in an area shortly before you get to the Chequers pub. It blew me away, what a striking bird. I feel honoured to have seen it, just wish I'd been able to get a photo.

      I will get in touch with the Herts Bird Club as suggested.

      Jules

      Delete
    3. Thanks Jules, that's great. They certainly are amazing birds & I'm yet to see see one in the 'wild', even if it does originate from a collection! Let us know if you see it again or get any pics.

      Good luck, Dan.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment for VELORAPTOR which will be viewable on this blog...